A bit cheeky – however we have a room available in London, please let me know if you’re interested!
Posts Tagged ‘se4’
Posted by Cool Your Jets IV on January 30, 2011
Posted by Cool Your Jets IV on October 11, 2010
Shelley and I are going to be celebrating our imminent departure with several friends at this great night in Brockley, South East London. The Rivoli ballroom is a stunning Grade 2 listed building which hosts several events – with the Magic Theatre being one such night.
According to Wikipedia, the ballroom started life as the Crofton Park Picture Palace in 1913 and was converted into a ballroom during the late 1950s. Inside, the ballroom is incredibly sumptuous with an original sprung maple dance floor, velvet wallpaper, glitter balls, Chinese lanterns (and a very cheap bar!)
Several bands/Musicians have either played or shot videos there including: Elton John, Florence and the Machine, Tina Turner, Oasis and the White Stripes. Kate Moss has used the venue for shoots.
All nights held at the Rivoli, be that the Magic Theatre, Jive Party or any of there other events are always superb parties attracting an eclectic mix of London’s finest – be they 20 through to 80 years of age!
Posted by Cool Your Jets IV on October 4, 2010
Stage 1 is now complete!
- We sold our house in Peckham
- We bought a house in Brockley
- Found tenants, who’ve all now moved in and are settled
- We’ve packed up all of our stuff
- Two weeks later, we’re still packing our stuff
- Yesterday, we finally moved out and we’re staying with friends in Herne Hill
- We have five bags between us
- As of today, we have 38 days left prior to our setting sail!!!